NERIC provides assistance around testing procedures, multiple-choice scoring and processing of many tests to more than 250 public schools, non-public schools and NYS organizations, helping them to meet the requirements of the NYS Education Department (NYSED). NERIC automates loading the results of state tests into the Data Warehouse. Note: NERIC does not score any of the constructed response for any exam and districts should contract through their BOCES or Lead Scoring Entity Vendor.
The NERIC Testing and Data Reporting Services Team facilitates the administration, scanning and reporting of the New York state tests and assessments:
- ELA and mathematics grades 3-8 assessments
- NYS Alternate Assessment (NYSAA)
- NYS English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT)
- New York State Identification Test for English Language Learners (NYSITELL)
- Grades 4 and 8 science
- NYS Regents exams administered in January, June and August
In addition, NERIC produces Data Warehouse Level 1 Reports and data sets intended to help districts analyze the results and make subsequent changes to curriculum content/emphasis and student programs with the goal of improving overall student performance.