School districts need reliable, efficient and time-saving ways to manage, automate and report their student data. NERIC-based shared data assistance coordinators will work with multiple districts, provide an increased level of support for district-required tasks and assist district staff in ensuring data readiness as mandated by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
- Guidance to district staff on the interpretation of policy as it pertains to accountability requirements as prescribed by the School Information Repository System (SIRS) as provided by NYSED
- Assistance with the ongoing readiness (void of potential errors) of data for submission to the state Data Warehouse with the use of tools such as NERIC DataFlow
- Alerts to appropriate district staff of data findings and error reports of data to be corrected
- Assistance with the uploading of data files to the state Data Warehouse (Level 0 and Level 1)
- Coordination with district administrators to assure deadlines for data certification are met as it pertains to the SIRS
- Periodic checks of data and reasonableness-type reports to catch unreported data