This service encompasses all aspects of a wireless network infrastructure utilizing state-of-the-art Cisco wireless controllers and the latest in high-speed, powerful, lightweight access points. Centrally managed intelligence is what drives the lightweight access points and provides a structured and sound wireless experience. NERIC’s goal is to construct a high-performance wireless network that will provide a solid foundation in the delivery of current and future mobile technology.
The wireless network allows teachers the ability to easily rearrange their teaching space and equipment to create the most optimal learning environment for their individual classes and students. While computer labs still provide a valuable resource, students now need constant access to information throughout the day and a secure wireless network is essential. District staff can also utilize the wireless networking to reliably and securely access network resources. In addition, school district visitors and community event participants can be allowed wireless access to internet resources while being prevented from accessing secure school resources.
Features of NERIC Managed Wireless Services include:
- Latest Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) standards: IEEE 802.11ac operates at 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies; access points will automatically select the one with the least ambient interference. Because the 802.11ac network provides 1,000 Mbps, NERIC can support more devices running simultaneously.
- Backward compatibility: Capable of running wireless 802.11b/g/n devices.
- Field upgradability: This feature helps future-proof deployments by ensuring compatibility as technology advances.
- Sophisticated insight and control: Monitor or limit the network traffic occurring on portable devices and detect rogue access points.
- Reliability: A rock-solid, reliable and secure high-speed wireless infrastructure to support the entire district.