Esports (electronic sports) requires a tremendous amount of critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity from players to achieve and sustain success. Unlock students’ potential with interscholastic esports by engaging them in this competitive platform that many students are playing independently. Esports is a very fast growing activity that can open multiple pathways to potential careers in this field.
We have an affiliate partnership with The North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF) in addition to our partnership with PlayVS. Both opportunities provide your school with the opportunity to receive the following benefits:
- Coach support, clinics, and collaborative monthly meetings;
- Curriculum support for augmenting your CTLE standards, student engagement, and STEAM opportunities;
- Regional and local competition, depending on your selection of NASEF or PlayVS; and
- Opportunities to compete at the state championships sponsored by PlayVS, NERIC and other BOCES/RICS in the state.
Esports offer multiple learning opportunities and the NERIC instructional team will provide districts with information on how the games can be integrated into their STEM environment and curricular areas via Model Schools training in collaboration with vendor partners during both seasons. Additionally, they will make connections to the CTE standards and next generation standards.
Scheduled Events and Opportunities
If you are already enrolled in esports or joining for the spring season
Esports Coaches Clinics
- February 3 & 24, March 17, April 7 & 28, May 19, June 9 & 30 | All sessions 2:30-3:15 p.m. | Contact Lora Parks or Hilary Dee to attend.
Getting Started Chats with PlayVS Super Coaches
- Wednesdays, January 6 – March 31 | 7 p.m. | Sign up through PlayVS.
If you are interested in esports but not yet involved.
Esports Nuts and Bolts
- This session will cover the basics of esports—forms, disclaimers, how to get a
team together, scheduling, and tips for success.
April 22 | 2:30-3:30 p.m. | Register here.
Questions and requests for additional information or supporting materials can be sent to email@example.com.