In response to the increased number of cyber events targeted towards educational institutions, the Northeastern Regional Information Center (NERIC) at the Capital Region BOCES has created the NYS Cyber Insurance Consortium that leverages the benefits of shared services and group purchasing to create access to more affordable cyber insurance for districts.
- Large group premium discounts — savings up to 30%
- Enhanced coverages with greater limits
- Lower deductibles — reductions up to 30% less than stand alone policies
- No pooling of risk or shared limits
- Access to cyber legal services at a reduced rate
- Quarterly professional development events for leaders, focused on cyber risk management and leadership
- Insurer-provided risk mitigation