School districts need reliable, efficient and time-saving ways to manage,
automate and report their student data. NERIC-based shared data assistance
coordinators will work with multiple districts, provide an increased level of support for
district-required tasks and assist district staff in ensuring data
readiness as mandated by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
- Guidance to district staff on the interpretation of policy as it
pertains to accountability requirements as prescribed by the State
Information Repository System (SIRS) as provided by NYSED.
- Assistance with the ongoing readiness (void of potential errors)
of data for submission to the state Data Warehouse with the use of
tools such as NERIC DataFlow.
- Alerts to appropriate district staff of data findings and error
reports of data to be corrected.
- Assistance with the uploading of data
files to the state Data Warehouse (Level 0 and Level 1).
- Coordination with district administrators to assure deadlines for
data certification are met as it pertains to the SIRS.
- Periodic checks of data and reasonableness-type reports to catch