For districts interested in growing their existing
Distance Learning or
Videoconferencing initiatives or looking to start
distance learning on a
smaller scale, NERIC offers Expanded Distance
Learning. Expanded Distance Learning uses high-definition interactive video
to help provide students with improved access to daily courses.
Expanded Distance Learning is intended for districts interested in using the
- Smaller networks of schools to better guarantee participation
in shared courses.
- Partnering with one other school to share daily courses.
- A second full or overflow Distance Learning classroom to expand
- Accessing courses available in the full Distance Learning
service catalog once regional scheduling
Key benefits of Expanded Distance Learning Service:
- Ongoing training and technical support through dedicated
helpdesk and remote access.
- Bridging, scheduling and recording of courses.
- Program support through regional committees (when applicable).
- All features currently included in NERIC’s Videoconferencing
(VC) Services, including
access to desktop VC and program support to help facilitate
integration of DL/VC
technology into student learning activities.