The Data Administrator Institute is a program for those acting as data
administrators (district data coordinators) in their school district. The
curriculum will cover such areas as identifying data sources and gaps,
state reporting requirements and presenting meaningful data to promote
and enhance data-driven decision-making.
The Institute provides training and support well beyond the basic tools,
such as Level 0 and the New York State Student Identification System
(NYSSIS). Participants will have access to specific
data presentation models, podcasts and other support materials and
resources designed to complement the curriculum and promote district-,
building- and classroom-level discussions around data.
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the data
administrator’s (district data coordinator's) role.
- To develop a deeper understanding of data management, data
integrity, data cleansing and the ethical use of data.
- To develop effective data teams at the district level to ensure
data accuracy and consistency.
- To establish an understanding of SED reporting requirements.
- To correlate data management practices to effective analysis and
use of data.
- To identify data gaps and appropriate means of collecting and
- To provide individualized district data coaching through district
portfolios and on-site visitations (one per participant).
- To create a culture of sound data management, meaningful reporting
and data-driven decision making.
- To develop effective Data Administrators capable of replicating
the objectives at the district level.
12 on-site, full-day sessions (August – June) including a presentation,
discussion, hands-on activities and district visits (one per participant) to reinforce team
building and other initiatives, for those acting as the data administrator
(district data coordinator) in their school district.
2016-17 meeting dates
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016
- Tuesday, September 20, 2016
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016
- Tuesday, November 15, 2016
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Tuesday, January 31, 2017
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- Tuesday, May 9, 2017
- Monday, June 5, 2017
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - snow date
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017 - snow date
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - snow date
For more information or a quote, please contact Mary McGeoch at
(518) 862-5318 or