Section 4: Action Steps
Student and Data Management
- Continue to support all aspects of data reporting and
- Continue development and refinement of multi-RIC assessment
- Continue working with BOCES School Support personnel to promote
the use of RIC data reports in support of data driven instruction.
- Refine and augment data integration efforts including
- Evaluate and monitor usage and emerging trends in student data
- Continue to foster and support the regional DL model.
- Adjust model as needed to meet the changing needs of the region.
Change will come from within as this model is truly a “collective.”
- Seek to establish additional remote learning models in order to
meet the vast needs of all of the region’s districts.
- Establish a steering committee to assist in moving beyond the
SharePoint model in implementing concepts developed through NERIC
- Build service models to support districts’ need for
anytime/anyplace access. Specifically, implement services around the
i. Learning Management
ii. Content Management
iii. Microsoft 365
Hardware and Infrastructure
- Continue recommendations for the region’s schools to include
models, and devices to support the following initiatives
i. Computer Based Testing
iii. 1:1 computing
- Develop and institute support models for these initiatives
- Leverage the strength of the RIC to create a technology
“sandbox” in order to showcase emerging trends in educational
- Make these emerging technologies available for district
exploration so that they make informed decisions.
Financial and Employee Management Systems
- Continue and finish converting districts from Finance Manager to
- Prepare, plan, and lead districts for the eventuality WinCap
reaching end of life. Work with Harris, to firmly establish “what is
- Continue supporting APPR and Staff development platforms and
evaluate effectiveness and user satisfaction.
- Continue assisting districts with required staff level APPR data
Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity/Server Hosting
- Leverage the RIC’s new data center to continue to provide
carrier class data recovery and business continuity support for
- Begin to identify DR/BC best practice policy guidance for
- Plan for the beginning of local server hosting as an extension
of current hosted models.
Facilities, Transportation, and Security Services
- Continue support on current facilities and transportation
- Evaluate effectiveness and user satisfaction with facilities and
transportation services with an eye on data integration.
- Finalize selection of additional security and access control
vendors so as to provide more choice to districts.
- Pilot and implement RIC supported visitor management system(s)
- Continue to promote RIC hosting of VoIP telephony for the region
so as to continue to drive the overall cost of the service down.
CHAPTER 793 PLAN MAIN PAGE